The pluang is an Indonesian product-based startup. I applied through LinkedIn and got a call from the recruiter. The recruiter explained the hiring process to me and scheduled the interview.
Round 1(Technical Interview Round 1): This was a DS+Algo round. The interviewer shared the code editor and asked three questions. The questions were of easy to moderate level.
Here are the questions:
The interviewer was satisfied with my approach. He also helped me whenever I was stuck. It was a good healthy discussion. I got a call the next day from the recruiter stating that I have been shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2(Technical Interview Round 2): This was an Android-specific round.
- Activity and Fragment lifecycle in different scenarios
- Importance of fragments over activities
- Design a Singleton pattern
- MVVM and MVVM clean architecture
- Dependency Injection related questions
- Deep discussion on Data flow in MVVM clean architecture. Importance of different layers. Asked to design a basic News application using clean architecture.
- Retrofit related questions
- How ViewModel handles screen configuration changes
- var, Val, const in Kotlin, me
- lateinit vs lazy in Koltin
- Intent and Pending Intent
This round was a bit hard and the interviewer wanted a deep discussion on all the topics. I was able to answer most of the questions and the interviewer also helped me with the things I didn’t know. Just after this interview, I got a call and I was being considered for the next round which was a Managerial interview.
Round 3(Managerial Round): This was a non-technical round. The interview started with a brief introduction about me and then the interviewer introduced himself. He asked me about the technical interviews and also about the fields in which I need to focus on Android. Some of the questions were:
- What values will you bring to the organization?
- Why do you want to join Plug?
- What things are required to be good in coding? How you can improve yourself more in Android?
- What are your expectations from the organization when you join?
- Design the Top Gainers page in Groww mobile application.
Some other managerial questions were asked which I don’t exactly remember. I cleared this round and the recruiter told me that the next round would be the HR+Salary discussion round.
Round 4(HR+Salary discussion): Basic HR questions followed by Salary discussion.
I was selected finally. The entire process took around 1 month.
Tip: Prepare well for DS and the domain you are applying for in deep. Be confident while answering and explaining your approach. Ask questions to the interviewer, especially in the Managerial round.
All the best!!